8 Ways to make your next EEG less stressful
i everyone! As a parent or member of the Epilepsy community, I'm sure you've had your fair share of EEGs. Between the glue and the boredom, they are not very fun, so Today, I am sharing my advice on how to make EEG more tolerable
1. Bring games to play with your family while in the hospital. I like to play Connect Four and Battleship with my mom.
2. Make fun traditions at the hospital. I like to always take silly photos and get food after my stay is over.
3. Watch a movie! There are usually a few good movie options at hospitals. Try to watch a new one.
4. Make your mealtime fun! I love to order random food during my stay to try a decent amount of the menu.
5. Bring your own blankets and pillows. Bringing your own supplies will help your room feel homie-like.
6. Contact your child life department. They usually host at least one fun activity a day, like bingo. By contacting them, you can join in on these fun activities and can ask for more fun activities to do by yourself.
7. Ask for no head wrap during your EEG. Did you know you could ask for no head wrap? I didn't know until this year when Sophia (the owner of MiloandMe) told me. You should ask if you or your kid have sensory issues with the wrap!
8. Lastly, do activities that you enjoy doing. I like to read and go on my phone during my EEGs. What do you like to do? Whatever it is, do what makes you happy.
I hope my blog gave you some new ideas for your next EEG! Let us know what your favorite EEG activities are!